OpenROAD SIG Home
Application Server Lab
New OpenROAD Application Server Hands On Labs
Two one-hour Hands On Training Sessions were presented by Computer
Associates at CA World 2002.
This zipfile contains the worksheets, code fragments, test harness and
exported components necessary to
complete the sessions. Exercises include the following topics:
This is an upgraded version of last year's session that now
demonstrates the new client components in
OpenROAD 4.1 MR. Anyone who did last year's lab should also take a
look at this.
If you compare it with the old lab session then you will wonder where
half of the calling code has gone!
In addition, a new client exercise has been incorporated, and an
exercise has been modified to
show how to get XML output.
- basic installation and configuration of the Application Server
- configuration and session management using Visual ASA
- load balancing across multiple installations
- writing your first server application - 'Hello AppServer World'
- writing your first OpenROAD, VBScript and WebServer client applications
- an introduction to XML output
- stateful server applications
Project Leader, Advantage
tel: +44 (0)113 256 6000
fax: +44 (0)113 256 6222