Minutes of November 20, 1998 Conference Call
Present for call:
- Karl Schendel
- Amy Ludlam
- Bob Griffith
- Chip Nickolett
- Mike Greene
- Karen Bishop
- John McKenna
- Elena Yatzeck
- Jannette Greene
- Brian Dempster, CA
Brian will look into the status of the newsletter and will send e-mail
on Monday November 23 to let us know where it is at this time.
Everyone is agreed that we (NAIUA) will try doing the newsletter on our
own next time in order to improve turn-around to our members.
Mike will look into the cost for the printers in Liverpool, NS.
Brian will look into the amount of $900.00 for 18 memberships
still owed by CA.
Licensing: There have been some problems with the download from TOPS to the new
CA management is meeting to discuss the problems with the new "License IT"
structure for OpenROAD (as well as other products).
- Special requests are currently handled on a case by case basis
- The board needs an escalation path to help existing Ingres sites resolve
Y2K compliance statement issues
- The board will draft a letter to help CA management understand how
critical it is to handle Y2K issues promptly. (Karl to draft)
- The international group II_USERS will be consulted to see if Y2K
compliance statements are a global problem.
- There was a Conference call yesterday regarding the CA World conference.
- Every speaker must have presentation on a template. It can be a
template from CA, their own Company, or the NAIUA.
- At this time there is no Hotel on contract for Ingres World.
- There is no Ingres Room at this time.
- There is no Event Night at this time.
- The agenda will be ready in mid-January.
- The Web page is up and running for CA World.
There will be a listing sent to Bob from Chip on Monday November 23.
Bob has been talking to Ingres customers regarding job
listings on our web site. George stated to Bob that he will be
getting back to him regarding a listing.
- The VMS port for Ingres II is still on schedule to
be available by the end of this year
- There were issues with the latest Sequent port.
- There were questions about the availability of the double byte version
- The next newsletter will handled internally by the NAIUA
- Denise is no longer the liaison for CA to the NAIUA. She has been
replaced (in that capacity) by Cathy
Questions about the NAIUA? Send E-mail to
Questions about these web pages? Send E-mail to
Back to the Minutes Page
Back to the NAIUA Home Page