Minutes of October 23, 1998 Conference Call
Present for call:
- Karl Schendel
- Amy Ludlam
- Bob Griffith
- Chip Nickolett
- Mike Greene
- Karen Bishop
- John McKenna
- Elena Yatzeck
- Marceil Schmitt, CA
There are two available pages for CA to place ads;
25 to 50 copies will be sent to NAIUA Office;
a proof copy is not needed for Mike;
no date is available for when newsletter will be ready.
$100.00 Speaker Fee:
This fee is only available to user groups who do not receive
other funding from CA, and therefore the NAIUA does not qualify.
Status of Ingres II:
- Discussed difficulties in being able to order it
- Can be ordered is you are a brand new client
- License structure is the problem, Marceil will look into it
- Box version will have another HP-UX 10 & 11 release review of
Ingres II platforms
CA Membership reimbursement (19 memberships from CA-World '98):
Shari Shore needs CSV file of membership to make payment.
CA World update
- Ingres World is in the Convention Center this year
- A certified coupon will be required for conference discount.
CA to provide these coupons to the NAIUA. They will be sent to
members upon receipt of membership renewal
- The Sheraton is booked so our conference will probably be in
- Seminars to be held in the Convention Center, as well as lunch
- Combined lunch with Jasmine cross session, event may be
combined as well.
- NAIUA newsletter & Ingres world newsletter will be daily
- Business meeting will be Monday morning at 10:30 a.m.
- John A. 11:30 a.m. meeting to be rescheduled to 11:15 a.m. or
11:00 a.m. Karl feels 15 minutes should be enough for Sanjay and John A.
- Need Executive to show up for the meeting (President)
- Bulk of questions ahead of time will be better than all
questions on site
- Q&A to be mediated by Karl
- Charles - Sunday night
- Craig Barrett from Intel - Monday night
- no keynote for Wednesday night
- no Cajun cook off
- Thursday Conference event night
- Camp ground will be huge. We are in the session room on the new end
- User meeting and BOFs still to be scheduled
- Call for speakers in the Newsletter
Job Advertising Policy proposal (Job ad has been finalized as
of November 6, 1998): It will be available to the public and
will start fresh with new ads.
All ads will be on file with office (probably for 12 months).
Information from old ads free to members and $5 US for non-members
(small handling fee to cover our time).
Fees will be $150.00 US for initial 3 month ad (includes free
membership coupon), $100.00 US for 3 month renewal.
Signature Sheet: Karl and Chip have signed, it is on its way to John and Bob.
NAIUA mailing list: Mike, bulk mailing; Chip for Bulk mailing
Questions about the NAIUA? Send E-mail to
Questions about these web pages? Send E-mail to
Back to the Minutes Page
Back to the NAIUA Home Page